§ 1 General
- 1.1 These terms and conditions regulates the relationship ("Agreement") between the customer ("Customer") and Miss Domain Group AB ("Miss Site"), 556732-5336, and applies to the ordered Service ("Service").
- 1.2 The Customer may be a private person or a legal entity. The contract cannot be extended by Customer to another party.
- 1.3 The service means that the customer is leasing a part of Miss Site’s shared hosting environment.
§ 2 Domains
§ 2.1 .SE-Domains
When it comes to .SE-Domains the rules from II-Stiftelsens General Terms and Conditions applies. You can find and read about this term on IIS website http://www.iis.se/. When you agree to Miss Domains's Terms and Conditions you also agree on IIS Terms and Conditions.
Subregistrar: MissDomain Group AB
Registrar: NameISP AB
Registrar: Plats 1.0 AB
More rules that applies for .SE-Domains:
- Miss Site owns the right to move a customers domain(s) through out different registrars
- Miss Site owns the right to handle customers domain(s) through the best fit registry of our choosing
§ 2.2 .NU-Domains
When it comes to .NU-Domains the rules from II-Stiftelsens General Terms and Conditions applies. You can find and read about this term on IIS website http://www.iis.se/. When you agree to Miss Domains's Terms and Conditions you also agree on IIS Terms and Conditions.
Subregistrar: MissDomain Group AB
Registrar: NameISP AB
§ 2.3 General Terms for Domains
For all domain registrations done on Miss Domain, we will enter Miss Domain as Admin, Tech and Billing contact on the domain.
Miss Domain don't guarantee a domain registration until the buyer receives a registration confirmation through email. In case of a failed domain registration the buyer will be able to choose a new domain for registration in the same amount payed for the first domain.
§ 4 Refunds
Refunds are dependent on the type of service purchased by the customer.
- 4.1 Hosting Accounts - When purchasing web hosting account you have 45 days to claim your money back, this includes both businesses and individuals. The Money Back request must be sent in via email to Miss Site’s support.
- 4.2 Domain Registration - Refunds are made only if the domain hasn’t been registered. If the domain has already been registered we do not offer any money back.
§ 5 Term and Termination
- 5.1 The contract begins when the confirmation has been sent out by Miss Site. The agreement extends to the time that payment is made for services unless otherwise agreed and cleared from the order confirmation.
- 5.2 Miss Site applies the Distance and Doorstep Sales Act (SFS 2005: 59), which means that the customer always has the right to cancel contractual agreement within 14 days. Miss Site leaves specific information about this to the Customer in connection with the agreement confirmed. Refer to item 10.6 and 10.7
- 5.3 Miss Site applies the 45-day return policy, and in this case refund all money paid for services (see special circumstances for Domain Name in section 9.1 and 9.2). See also sections 5.6 and 5.7.
- 5.4 Miss Site applies the right of withdrawal and open purchase including for traders who are legal persons.
- 5.5 Miss Site applies no binding period. The agreement may be terminated by Customer at any time and without any reason. After a termination any saved files are your responsibility and will be saved by Miss Site for additional 2 weeks. See also sections 5.6 and 5.7.
- 5.6 Termination should be made by Miss Site’s Support.
- 5.7 The Customer wishing to use the right or return of goods, or to terminate the Agreement underpaid period, they must prove their identity with a username and password and message should be valid. Miss Site will confirm the statement immediately and refund within 20 days.
§ 6 Fees
- 6.1 Payment for services must be made in advance and payment terms are thirty (30) days net.
- 6.2 Miss Site is entitled to assign the invoice to another company. This even though the customer is not late with his payment. However, as no extra charge to be levied on such transferor and the invoiced amount will not be altered in addition to any collection fees.
- 6.3 In case of delayed payment a fee is placed on the invoice.
- 6.4 Objections to invoices shall be made in writing within forty-five (45) days of the customer receiving the invoice.
- 6.5 Penalty interest payable under the Act, with 8.00% per month from the due date and until payment has been made.
§ 7 Services
- 7.1 The customer is responsible for the use of its space, the customer ensures that all materials uploaded to the server is relevant to the website. Customer may not use its space to a so-called file service or storage space.
- 7.2 If the Customer uses an exaggerated or suspected large amount of traffic then Miss Site has the right to contact the customer and make start an investigation against the customer as to where the traffic is coming from.
- 7.3 The Customer is responsible for only hosting their own websites on their web hosting account, it is not allowed to, for example, host several different companies or individual websites, blogs, e-commerce solutions or more on a single shared hosting package.
§ 8 Miss Sites responsibility
- 8.1 Miss Site exercises no control over the information or material contained in the Customer's storage space and Miss Site is therefore not responsible for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the Customer's actions or omissions of the Customer's applications. Miss Site is not liable for damages arising in connection with infringement of Customer’s Service.
- 8.2 Miss Site handles all customer information as confidential to protect the integrity of our Customers. However, Miss Site by court order or request from the police or other authority is required to disclose information about the Customer.
- 8.3 Miss Site’s liability for property damage only covers compensation for direct loss and is limited to a maximum that Customer will pay to Miss Site for twelve (12) months under the current agreement. Compensation is not payable under any circumstances for indirect losses such as loss of production or sales in the Customer's business.
§ 9 Customer's responsibility
- 9.1 Customer agrees to abide by Swedish and his own country's laws. Customer is fully responsible for all actions carried out through its Miss Site’s services.
- 9.2 Buyer is responsible for any damage arising if the Client suffers hacking or denial of service attacks. Miss Site has the right to immediately shut down the customer service if the customer knowingly or unknowingly exposes Miss Hastings IP networks, systems, high load, damages, risks or the like. Miss Site informs and communicates could retrospectively when the customer is off.
- 9.3 If the Customer uses more than the agreed resources then Miss Site the right to directly debit the Customer according to the current pricelist or if not available, by the actual costs resulting to Miss Site. Although retroactive billing may occur. Miss Site is also entitled to put up a running contract with a monthly or quarterly billing for the resource and capacity utilization. If Customer uses more than the agreed resource then Miss Site has the right to immediately shut down the Customer.
- 9.4 If Customer uses more CPU power or disk capacity (reads and writes to disk) than can be considered reasonable then Miss Site has the right to directly debit the Customer according to the current pricelist or if not available, by the actual costs resulting Miss Site. Although retroactive billing may be made. Miss Site is also entitled to put up a running contract with a monthly or quarterly billings of Customer continues to use more CPU or disk capacity than is reasonable. If Customer uses more CPU power or disk capacity than can be considered reasonable then Miss Site can directly right off the customer.
- 9.5 The customer is responsible for keeping information about the Customer's address, phone, fax and e-mail address and contact person in question in the Miss Site’s customer database. This is easily done yourself through the Control Panel as Miss Site provides customer when ordering service.
- 9.6 The customer who sends out spam or extensive mailings, more than what Miss Site consider to be normal can be turned off immediately. Miss Site’s guidelines are 300 emails per hour from our IP addresses.
- 9.7 The customer is responsible for the software needed to utilize the services of Miss Site.
- 9.8 Customer service may only be used by a company or an individual. Customer shall not, without the Miss Site’s authorization upload more than one corporate and personal website to the Miss Site’s servers. If the customer will add more websites without notifying Miss Site then Miss Site has the right to directly shut down the client and then inform the customer about why.
- 9.9 The Customer is responsible for all the material on the website and the domain name, any suspicions of illegal material / activity performed then Miss Site has the right to close down accounts and inform the customer later.
- 9.10 Customer is responsible for his own content and files on the space, the lost or destroyed material, a recovery made from Miss Site. At a reset out of backing up an administrative fee of € 99.00 per hour.
- 9.11 Customer is responsible for tasks specified at registration is correct, if the customer uses the so-called fake (erroneous) information on registration can Miss Site demand identification and a copy of the credit card used when ordering. If the customer can not provide this owns the Miss Site entitled to shut down the client and close the account.
§ 10 Server Down Time
At the extensive disruption may Client to seek compensation in the context of what the customer pays. Compensation paid primarily by free extension of service. As extensive disruption counts persistent or widespread disruption during the twelve (12) hours of office (non-holiday Monday - Friday, at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) for a period of thirty (30 days). The request for compensation shall submit no more than seven (7) days after the period of thirty (30 days). Planned outages are not counted as failures.
§ 11 Security / Privacy
When ordering, I agree that my personal data, including email address, cell phone number for calls and sms messages and any other digital addresses, may be stored and used in the Miss Site for digital services, marketing, and for statistics and analysis purposes.
Information I directly or indirectly provide by using Miss Site digital services and can combine with other customer data used in Bonnier for marketing purposes and to customize content, services and advertising to me, and for the development of new services. Information about my use of digital services obtained by means of, among other things cookies.
The consent is valid until I cancel it yourself, and do not cease if the service is not used, and consent is not dependent on any purchase of products. You have the right to revoke consent, which I do by contacting Miss Site by each company's customer service.
These Terms and Conditions have been established on 2015-01-01